Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No More

It dawned on me recently that my life has changed. Yes, it's still crazy. My three kids run circles around me, simultaneously requesting my acknowledgment and the dog patiently waits his turn...oh and then there's the cat who meows like a girl. Anyway, with all of this, it's officially transitioned to the "next" phase.

My first baby is reading, really well. My second baby can do almost everything by herself. I'm potty training my last baby, and I don't have anymore "babies" left. This is a little sad, but at the same time it is very liberating. I can go to the store A LOT easier than I used too. I can tell my kids to "suck it up" if they don't like it ('cause babies don't like it when you tell them that!) I can stand back and watch more, because they don't need me to hold their hand.

I do miss it, a little. I love snuggling my nephew and stealing all the baby kisses I can. But I am to a point now that feels right. It's time to move forward. Now the hard part is figuring out what to do next.

No More

I opened up my eyes today
and saw my life in a brand new way.
My little babes, so sweet to touch,
are growing up without a fuss.
Their hands, once tiny as a mouse
help pull them up on their play house.
Finger sized feet, so soft and sweet,
now wear size nine and sometimes stink.
I squeeze and kiss them more and more,
in case there's a day they yell "no more"

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great blog! Thanks for sharing it with me! Looking forward to a new perspective in life! Africa has been challenging but eye opening! Looking forward to getting to know you better! In the palm of our Makers Hands, be blessed! Kristi

    ReplyDelete