Friday, April 2, 2010

Your Greatest Wish

Another day has ended, well almost.  I still have to do the dishes, sweep the floor, put away the clean clothes, feed the animals, and pay a couple of bills and there is something else that I keep forgetting...anyway.

The day always seems to have passed so quickly when you are looking back, but they don't seem to move when you are in them.  Well let me put that differently, I am always moving in them, they just don't seem to keep up with me.  Let me tally what I have accomplished today:

  • breakfast 
  • breakfast dishes 
  • fed animals 
  • cleaned the table and chairs
  • three loads of laundry, including folding
  • lunch for the crew (of course)
  • clean under couches
  • declutter cabinet
  • clean cobwebs
  • dust base boards, and cabinet in two rooms
  • clean windows and mirror
  • met with landscaper
  • tidy kids room (supervised)
  • tidy the house (all day event)
  • gave snacks
  • dressed the kids
  • Big Brother's sudden allergic reaction
  • drug store
  • library books returned
  • potty training (more success!)
  • organized coupon book
  • sorted through junk mail pile
  • fixed dinner
  • snuggled with kids and read books
 ...and will finish with the above mentioned things.

I did sit down for about 30 minutes while the kids watched "Batman" to read a parenting magazine, and began to feel guilty because it felt like I should have been doing something else.  I chased kids for fun (and not), did lots of chores, and still felt like I should have been giving more. WHERE DOES THAT COME FROM!!!???

I think sometimes the only thing I have left to give is boogers!


Your Greatest Wish

"Hey Mom, can you help me?"
"Yes, in a minute my sweet."
"Can you help?"
"I said, 'just a minute' please!"

"Hey Mom, Mom, where did you go?"
"I'm taking the trash out"
"But I need you."
"My goodness I know!"

"Mom, can you zip this?"
"My hands are full right now"
"But Mom, I need you."
"While I'm carring trash, how?"

I turn and I look,
your smile is so sweet.
You've followed me around
and stayed at my feet.

Your greatest wish,
what you desire from me
is a zip, and a kiss
as you run off in glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment